Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Bible Study





We gave our first assigned comments at meeting tonight.
My comment was about 8 words and Benny's was 2 full sentances.
After the meeting Leah sat down next to me in informed me in all honesty that I managed to say about 20% of my comment correctly (Benny got about 20% too) but at least our comments are not as bad as some of her mom's comments.
There are a few in our little group who really struggle with the language, and a couple that manage to completely butcher every single word they say.
Then we have Fuji and Talyssa (and baby Keon) who all speak Hmong fluently, and make the rest of us feel like complete failures in comparison.
About the pictures: The top picture is traditional Hmong attire. When I see those pants I can't help but think "Hammertime"
Bottom picture: Baby Keon! :)

3 comments:

  1. I say A for effort for your comments! I would probably say about 0% of my comment correctly! lol
    Do you wear the outfits too? You must send me a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I would look so silly. Last year most of the group went to Thailand to work unassigned territory and they bought these outfits in Thailand.

    It is sooo hard to say anything right! Hopefully they will get a class going and that will help, this whole teaching yourself a language (that is so rare they do not offer programs to help) thing is really hard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw some friends in those outfits at ryan's convention, theres a hmong group around here somewhere.

    i hope you can get a class soon! keep at it chi!

    ReplyDelete